View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #137
crackez
ninjette.org member

Name: Kostas

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R (2009 European Model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Kostas, I trust you about that you know, but from the normal calculation the revs should have been already at 13k or above and there it could become critical (what at least happened with your engine).
And a word about more midrange power: Advance your ignition by 5 degrees (please don't ask me about the company, since in my believe the owner has good technical knowledge, but what I think from the human point of view it looks quite different).
Usually I was changing oils(and oil filter) in my bike but that one time this "authorized kawasaki dealer" did the job(I was buzy with gf shopping and bs).

From what I saw the oil bolt was missing when check the bike ..after the incident and they told me that it can happen when such thing occur(also these occur sometimes and I was like whaaaa)

I'm not convinced that it was engine failure or my fault, if the bolt wasn't tight properly it could happen to drip oil or even worse the bolt to fall appart from vibrations, I didn't see any torque wrenches when they screw it so. I do have a torque wrench and I tight it according to the manual.

This happened a few years back but since then I do the oil changes and the oil filter changes with no incedent, still afraid to push her far ..going fast and having the engine broken is a bad experience, when it happened something pulled me back and the force was quite strong, luckily I was able to hold her and also from instinct I've put all my body in front(I had a bad experience with a Honda Astrea Supra(previous bike) .. its a moped with back flat tire and did the same ..saved me too, I had chance the piston there from 50mm to 53.5mm although going from 97.1cc to 112.3cc wasn't much the power increase was huge stroke 50mm) ..when engine broke oils and water engine went to the back tire.. almost no control of the back tire.. it was like going through ice heheh I can talk about it for a while but my post is already long

Not sure if I'm going to do this but I'm researching ..if its possible, I just don't trust much other people and I don't have a guy that I know he would do a good job, you know what I mean?

if it was up to me I could turn the bike into electric I do have the knowledge to do that(I already have a custom ebike) but that isn't possible because I live in Greece and mods like this cannot pass regular check ups(happens every 2 years and check almost everything and Co2 emissions) ..there not too strick check ups so having it 300cc won't matter, no one will notice it - but finding a mechanic to rely on after this simple oil chance incident is hard(it might be as they said and the bolt might fall after this small "explosion" but still I have my suspicions I'm not a mechanic myself, far from it.. changing a moped head or piston/cylinder with a help of a mechanic is different than the ninja, to their defense I did change the spark plugs to iridium ones a few months before my accident ..don't know if these push the engine too much although I doubt it)
crackez is offline   Reply With Quote