View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #47
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR View Post
That, and I'm pretty sure our bikes will out accelerate a Harley and turn tighter.
Turning, yes. Out-accelerating... No.

Not at all. I've ridden a Ninja 250, plenty of times. I've ridden a few Harleys, various times. They don't make very many that will not out-accelerate a Ninja 250. I know that may hurt some feelings, but so be it. I used to ride quite often with a friend who had a Fat Bob, and frankly, there was no chance of me keeping up in a straight line if he wanted to leave me behind. I know, because I did try on a few occasions, and he pulled on me no problem. On the bright side, with his ridiculously low gas mileage, I could catch up with him at will, in the gas station. And on curves and on-ramps, quite frankly, I made him my bitch at will. I'm sure with the crazy low gearing on the Ninjette, we can take a few Harley right off the line for that all-critical 0-10 sprint, but mostly they will dust you if they even try. You want to humiliate a Harley in a straight line? Get a Mean Streak or a Concours 14.

Handling wise, yeah. Goodbye Harley!

As far as the 50% thing, yeah, I get what you're saying, but hear me out: If you throw around sayings like this that are laughably wrong, it's hard to get a mature person to take what you're saying seriously. That's all I was trying to convey.