View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #66
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

My mother encouraged me to get the bike but I was 27yo. She was always talking about how I should get a scooter or a moped through my childhood and even mentioned that you could get a motorcycle license in some states at 12yo. I know that the family used to have dirtbikes and mopeds before I was born but she's not exactly a motorcyclist and I've never seen her ride anything on 2 wheels in my 30 year life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
We may be talking about ithe same article, unless there were two stories of people crashing into the back of cars.

And that's what I tell my parents. Me getting on a motorcycle is no different then me getting in a car. If its my time, it'll happen one way or another. People die in ar crashes all the time sadly.

The statistics idea is a good idea. Thanks. I remember hearing m13 talk about how america isn't the top dangerous place for motorcycles, which is a good thing lol.
It's VERY different. Ignoring that may make "your time" come sooner rather than later. Unless you believe in some kind of "death fate" that it would happen to you one way or another regardless of your decisions on the fateful day, it doesn't even make sense.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote