View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:51 PM   #30
ironcitybikes
ironcitybikes

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250

ok maybe i should have phrased it differently. in a well stocked fully tooled garage, with a well experienced helper/ employee i would say it could be easily done in a week. without waiting for some parts and changing my mind on a few things i'm confident in saying that we could have. The forks weren't that bad we drained them , put in new springs and seals , then the preload adjusters pop right in and screw down. my buddy pounded in the seals, that was the only thing that took any real doing. nothing was really wrong with the stock ones but why not upgrade if you already tearing it apart. Wiring was only for the lights, very easy to follow the video, just tedious. I only messed up once, got overconfident and assumed i knew the next step. I can admit it! but they do give you some extras of almost everything as far as connectors and small hardware. you should go on you tube and run trough some of the how toos for the kit. my friend who was helping me is in the process of setting up his own paint business so that's gonna help. i even let him pick out the colors since hes gonna be using it as portfolio project. the main color will be a dark green translucent, with a slight metal flake. Then the dual stripe will be a similar dark grey. He just got done painting his first bike frame today so we should get it going this next week. honestly i'm kinda bummed its almost done i liked staying here at night with a project.
ironcitybikes is offline   Reply With Quote