Old February 6th, 2016, 09:09 AM   #4
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainpowder View Post
Very through ADouglas! Thank you for taking the time to look out for me. I'm fairly familiar with the 250s just never had a street bike. Growing up with a master mechanic you inherit the motorhead knowledge . Since my father will be there with me I'll also see if we can walk the bike to check the transmission and how the gears shift. Thanks again
If the engine won't start, you won't be able to test the transmission, FYI.

There is a fuel valve on the left side of the bike near the tank. The PRI position will allow the carbs to fill with gas without having to crank on it forever if it's been sitting, since these have a vacuum petcock. Turn it to PRI for minute, then try and start it. You'll need a flatblade screwdriver to turn the fuel valve.

You MIGHT have to remove the flat black plastic piece between the seat and tank to get to it....I bought mine with full race fairings so it's easy to get to....not sure about factory fairings.

It's going to need a full fluid flush, carb clean most likely and chain and sprockets. That chain looks more rust than metal....factor this plus the other needed parts into your offer. Good luck!

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote