View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2018, 09:14 AM   #6
Haynix
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Unhappy

Tested spark, it's fine.

Pulled carb, cleaned with carb cleaner, reset mixture screws to 2.5 turns, verified ~17mm float heights, verified diaphragms in good shape, reassembled. There was a small bit of crystallized gas in bottom of float bowls and in one of the main jets. Thought I had gotten it all but evidently not. Should be clean now.

The right cylinder is firing now, but the exhaust pulse from the right cylinder is still significantly weaker than the other cylinder. It still seems to favor alot of enrichment(choke) during startup until it warms up.

NEW PROBLEM: it's running really hard during idle, upon starting the RPM will immediately race up to 4~7k RPM and idle there. Idle thumbscrew is totally backed off of the throttle, throttle cables are adjusted fine, throttle itself seems totally normal.

I bought a mixture screw adjuster. I adjusted mixture screws while carb was on and it doesn't seem to have a large effect. Tried 3 turns, 1 turn, 0 turns.
Still racing during idle, but slightly less rpms the leaner mixture setting.

Also I think my battery is dying. I'm using a mobile car battery jumpstarter kit to start the bike. Might just need to charge, idk.

have not checked valves, vacuum test, leakdown test. Considering taking it to a shop, i'm going crazy!

Next Steps: check spark plugs for fowling etc., remove K&N air filter to see if anything changes, swap coils. Maybe check valves if i have time.
Haynix is offline   Reply With Quote