View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2018, 09:15 AM   #15
Haynix
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Smile Fixed (I think)

TL;DR - I think its fixed now but some minor symptoms remain. Sprained my ankle so I will be out for a couple weeks. Any reason not to buy a Li-Ion battery?

I think it's fixed. disassembled the rear fender almost completely so I had space to work. Cleaned and reseated all the carb connecting surfaces. The throttle-to-cable connector and throttle cable end had become bent somehow, that may have had something to do with it. Got it bent back in shape and set the idle thumbscrew in a good place.

Its running great now with the airbox disconnected though the right exhaust pipe still smokes alittle bit.

Right when I called it fixed a ****ing bat swooped at me and I lost my balance and sprained my ankle. So I can't work on it or ride it for a couple weeks

Not sure if the airbox is causing a problem. If it is i'll probably get some K&N pod filters and new jets.

Got a battery tender jr. on the way to try to save battery. If not, is there any reason NOT to buy one of the newer tech batteries like li-ion? (besides $)

Thanks for all your help guys, I appreciate it.
Haynix is offline   Reply With Quote