View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2019, 04:20 PM   #49
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickk_pike View Post
I recently have bought all the parts to put together a 2008 Ninja 250R, (Risky) I am currently 16 years old and plan on mounting this engine in my current 150cc 7HP engine lol. I have everything working, the electric start works, everything.. Except the spark plugs. I'm not 100% sure how to wire the coils, Yes I did ground them, I also grounded everything else that was needed to be grounded. BUT, the spark plugs just don't spark, any help, please!? THANKS SO MUCH.
Just following up for future searches. Problem here is coils SHOULD NEVER EVER BE CONNECTED TO GROUND!!!. Not to chassis ground or battery ground EVER. You'll never get spark if this is done. Also nothing else should be connected to ground except for specific wires designated as ground (mostly black/yellow wires).

That's because coil should ALWAYS be powered by +12v. With key ON, +12v from battery comes in on red-wire terminal, flows across coil's primary winding, and appears on other terminal of coil. So you should measure exact same +12v battery power on BOTH terminals of coil. If not, you've got coil or wiring problem.

Then when cranking, ECU is what grounds black or green wires to fire coil and spark-plugs. This grounding pulse is extremely short in duration and cannot be measured by multimeter. You can only see it with 'noid-light or better yet, oscilloscope.

Ignition-switch and 100-ohm resistors makes zero difference if coils are wired incorrectly.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote