View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2019, 04:48 PM   #6
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

If you don’t have the original connectors anymore honestly just using crimp splice connectors and heat shrink or the butt splice connectors with heat shrink built in would do just fine. Never ever use what’s called a Scott’s-Lock. It’s a splice connector you crimp with a pair of pliers without the need to strip wire insulation. I see those all the time on the trucks I work on and they are only good for causing an issue later down the road.

I would worry with adding original connectors back, simply because it’s not needed, to crimp the new terminals to the wire you will have to buy the correct crimp pliers for that style and size terminal and that will run $30 or more, and likely only need them once. Splicing the turn signals to the wiring harness will mean you have to cut the wires if you remove the fairing, so there is a trade off on doing one way or the other. You could also find original connectors from a parts bike so you would only need to butt splice the connectors to your harness since the connectors would already have the terminals crimped to the wire. What we call a pigtail in the automotive industry.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote