Thread: 335cc
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2015, 04:57 AM   #215
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
Well its been a while since I have had time to sort this bike out. I set the squish at .041" which has dramatically lowered cylinder pressure. Raced it all weekend without blowing the head gasket. I also took the advanced flywheel key out and ran the stock one, so less timing too. The bike ran well, didn't pull as hard to the rev limiter so I short shifted it to make use of the mid range torque. I did put a bigger radiator on it, I can not tell what it is off of as I found it at a swap meet. Ran a temp guage on it as well, coolant temp stayed right at 180 degrees.
So in comparison to other bikes? I beat every KTM390 (4 on the grid) every ninja 300 (3), one yamaha R3, Ninja 250"s aren't a challenge,1 Aprillia 250 cup, bike, 1 electric bike, 1 Hawk, Raced up into the lightweight field and waxed an air cooled Buell and several ametuers on SV650's.
nice to hear you're having it running again...
you did the right figure about squish, will be safe and sound that way...
the lack of appetite for top revving is mostly because you're usinh the 250 head with the small intake valves and the cam duration... switching to wilder cams and bigger intake valves or a whole 300 head will make it unbeatable...
but keep it that way for a while, no need to take it apart now that you got it right...