Thread: '92 rebuild
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2021, 12:20 PM   #27
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Quote:
A little heat from gas torche will soften-up red Loctite. Then use impact-screwdriver with hammer to remove.
heated the loctite, the threads were just too mangled for me to get them off. Dremeled, then heated, then hammered ph3 in for impact. Came out great.

Quote:
One cable pulls throttle open. Other cable pulls throttle closed. Are you missing right-hand electronic controls cover which contain cable guides? Be sure to lube cables before assembling. Video here:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222352
the cable farthest from the engine wasn't attached, ok. I have the controls cover, but I don't know if it's the OEM. Probably will still work, anyways, so nbd.

Quote:
Bent bar with rust underneath may snap when you bend it back. What I do after it breaks off is square up end with grinder, clean up mating surfaces and weld back on. In some easier cases, it’ll only crack 1/2-way around. So I’ll clean up crack really well and braze it over for smooth finish.
gotcha, looks like something I'm not willing to do myself at this point. will probably send you mine, then.

Quote:
You can actually pick up quite a lot of power by leaning out main jets 2-3 sizes on factory-fresh clean carbs. Factory jetting is pig rich and fouls plugs horribly if you spend any significant amount of time at WOT.
mostly 50-60mph, but have lots of hills.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote