View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2021, 08:04 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok I got the front down as far as I can go.... that is about 2" lower than stock I think.
You see I didn't lower the front when I put the handle bar risers on, but I just did now , so it should make it just about like stock again....
although I expect I will have to shorten the side stand before I take it out again.... not everywhere you park the bike is dirt so you can slide it backwards and dig a hole so it will lean over ! LOL.....
so Now the front forks are all the way up into the handle bars with the 1" extensions under them so i suspect it's about a 2" drop
I think I will go up 1 click on the pre load while I have it in the shop and
get the suspension completely done ....for now... <GRIN>
I plan to tackle the "Not setting Flush" fairing as I put the fairings back on it
and see if I can find something to make the one fairing bolt actually do some holding... the brass nut inside the rubber at the front part of the right fairing is missing ( there is nothing in the rubber) but I dunno HOW i am going to fix that.... #1 it's metric and #2 it's in Rubber..... it's a strange challenge !
.... I do have a few Metric nuts and bolts that I bought, so maybe I can make one of the nuts fit inside the rubber and cure the problem. we'll see !
I am wondering if there is a way to align the front headlight fairing so that both side fairings fit properly like they should ... it seams with all my fiddling it's getting out'a whack ! and the more I play with it the worse it gets !
I've loosened the large bolts and moved the headlight fairing back to close the gap where the side fairing and headlight fairing meet, but it ain't right by any means... the side fairing has to be all the way forward to fit right
and that throws off the bottom where the 2 side fairings meet...
so if you have a remedy for this ailment I'd appreciate hearing about it ! LOL
Bob......