Thread: '92 rebuild
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2021, 02:36 PM   #35
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Disassembled carb. Doesn't look that bad, just a little gummy and some corrosion on the spring from old gas. I have stabilizers and also have an ethanol-free station nearby for the winter, haven't used either yet. Here's the results. Cylinder 2 on the left, Cylinder 1 on the right. 40 pilot, 105 main. Dunno if there's other numbers I missed. Image quality on small parts isn't great because I didn't use a macro lense with a DSLR, just my phone. So be it. Most of the screws were a little mangled by someone else (NBD, happens a lot), and ended up preferring philips generally over the pozidriv for grip.

Other thread (and Ducatiman) says stock pilot is 38 (for CVK30). Might be different from what I need because engine is '86 instead of '92, so it has some changes.

Quote:
The carburetor diameters were reduced 2 mm to 30 mm (1.2 in), the cylinder compression ratio was increased from 12.0:1 to 12.4:1, ignition timing advance was increased
Ducatiman said these are CVK30 instead of CVK32 for '86 engine because plastic slides instead of metal.

Picked up B-12 (chemtool) and have carb cleaner (CRC) lying around. Might end up getting a ultrasonic cleaner, but a couple friends have told me that they haven't worked well for them in the past.

Philips VS pozidriv (guessing)

gotta see how many washers the needle jets have tomorrow, might be writing on them too. N161 or something. sand down the airbox side openings, and steelstik the damage. more plastic welding, too. see what size the allen head is and get a socket, prob m4. wonder if there's a torque spec. and look into mounting front tire.

Last futzed with by BonelessSugar; September 11th, 2021 at 11:02 PM.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote