View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2021, 10:38 AM   #30
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

Bob, I hear your frustration. Bikes don't have to be so tall, but the Ninja does; it was designed that way. If you lower it and use it, it will drag parts. Learning to ride a tall bike as a short person is something I have not had to do, so I can't relate to your issues in the same way. For me, I've always looked like a frog on little Ninjas (35" inseam).
It sounds to me like one of two things needs to happen: modify the Ninja to the point that is acceptable* and learn to ride it, OR buy a shorter bike. If I were you, I would look at the Rebel 500 or 300. Honda did some really amazing stuff with that redesign and the engines are fantastic. The seat heights are lower than anything I could ever sit on and flat-footable for anyone.

*Lowering an ex250 4" in the back is not safe. Zero Kawasaki chassis engineers will agree that this is safe. Can it still be ridden? Yes, but that's how 4 ambulances and 12 cops show up trying to help. You said yourself you have taken precautions to ensure nothing drags on full compression after lowering your bike(s). Your Ninja was rubbing the rear tire and inner fender, so this is not the case. That is a definite red flag that you have altered the intention of the bike's geometry.