View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2021, 02:30 PM   #42
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yep putting premium in a bike is usually meaningless and a waste of good money.... but I didn't know, and I don't like Pinging... it's really hard on bikes
but it does no harm , and is better than pinging to add higher octane fuel.... i should have known better, almost all bikes can run Regular !!!
back in the early 1970's I got a load of bad regular and it Pinged anytime it was under power... I drained the gas out and syphened some out of the tractor for it
and everything was fine.... I just choked the heck out of it when it was running to suck the water out..... but with the chokes the ninja has that would do no good as they are technically an enricher not a choke... and the float bowl would need to be drained.
With these carbs being so hard to get in and out, is there some carb cleaner that you add to the fuel that you guys use in the interim time while your using it , as a preventive measure ?
.... I was thinking of getting some Gummout and putting it in the tank...
see if that did anything.... i think most of those products are just gimmicks to separate you from your money and do nothing... but the injector cleaners work to a limited degree.
yes, I was quite pleased with the Ninja's ride last night... she handled real good ...
Bob....