View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:50 AM   #6
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Thanks for the input, y'all! I appreciate it.

The upper bodywork was a junkyard special, found by the prior owner, while fixing it up for his wife. I don't know the manufacturer of front fairing, but it is a full fiberglass race body. It did not have a headlight cut-out. My friend wanted something different than the stock rectangle shape. (Headlight is stock, just not the hole.) It really through me off as well.

I will be replacing the exhaust at some point. All of the packing was removed by the farm boys my friend purchased it from, 6 years ago. A little raspy. But I'll get it replaced.

The gas tank is also an intersting story. I was commenting on shape/condition. He said " don't run a magnet across it! And dont look on the inside!" This was his first Bondo job ever.! Have to say, he did a tremendous job on the outside, and doing the rust removal/Kreem application on the inside.

I do like the paint design. I don't like the colors though. Maybe I can convince the lady to keep the design the same, just change coloring. By the way, IF I do end up changing it to something drastic, I was going to do it the "dip your car" way ( peelable paint) This way "I" don't jack the panels and tank up. :P
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote