View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #11
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

I'm super pissed. After hours of cleaning, de-greasing, washing, re-washing, drying, and prepping up my paint area, then using test sprays for each color...

EVERY SINGLE CAN of black, is leaving rubber filaments/ specks, eveyrhere. This isn't the heavy duty rough texture, it's the high gloss cans. White, green, and purple are not doing it. Glad all I have to do is let it dry, then peel off the sadness. :/

So. If I use any color can, I get no filaments/spatter, but it's going to take me about another 15 cans of white for a base coat, to cover up the original blue/yellow design. Maybe , I'll just have a local auto/moto painter do the base coat.

I get it. It 's Plasti-dip. ...it's going to have a rubbery finish.( not a pro-gloss acres deep paint.) I have used it before ( black) but have not had spatters everywhere. All 9 cans of black do this.

I MIGHT try a little degreaser to "melt" it. But I'll wait for a day, if someone else has a better solution to knock off the spatters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170814_173155.jpg (62.9 KB, 9 views)

Last futzed with by GAU-8; August 14th, 2017 at 09:35 PM.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote