View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #141
barmaley
ninjette.org newbie

Name: shpongle

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja + 600vlx

cdi #s

sorry to bring an old thread up, didn't want to start a new one.

I bought a cdi from ebay that supposedly came off a 1994 ex250. I should've asked for the numbers or at least gotten suspicious that it could be a different cdi. It looked fine in the pic, but when i took off the rubber sheath off of it, i saw the casing was cracked. It was cracked specifically as you can see at the opening, obviously to switch it out(the circuit board), why else? someone just opens it up to look at it and put it back?

Anyways, the casing reads 21119-1233. The the cdi board itself has four prongs from each side, totalling 8 and the left one being wider as if to house 6 prongs - just like the 88-94 cdi you guys posted pics of. Here's a picture of the whole thing:

Do you think this will be ok to use and what model years suppose it is from? I was thinking about just simply connecting the appropriate wires to the metal prongs w/ holes in them and making it nice and water proof. So i don't need a harness. Are ALL the prev gen ex250s have the same aggresive map on them as the 88-94 gen?
barmaley is offline   Reply With Quote