View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #49
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Here's a very basic self analysis: if your lips are dry and chap, chances are you're not drinking enough liquids.

Maybe I'm just used to it, but I crave water first thing in the morning!

Also note, a cup of coffee or tea in the morning is considered water as well since a good portion of those drinks are water based.

So for those who think it's hard chugging water, just start slow. If you can't finish a bottle of water before you leave your house, drink 1/2 the bottle. Instead of soda for lunch, drink water. With the amount of salt in today's food, it should make you thirsty enough to down a bottle for lunch.

Same goes for dinner new. Have water instead of juice.

What worked for me in the beginning was squeezing some lemon and adding a bit of honey into an ice cold bottle. It is amazing. Give that a shot.

Between the 3 bottles of water you drink daily (with breakfast, lunch and dinner) + your other beverages during the day, it should be relatively easy to get hydrated "enough". You may not get 1 gal (heck, I don't!). But it should be "good enough".

Another trick is to add wedges of orange or toss in a few raspberries or blackberries in the water. Gives it a slight zing that may help you gulp down that water.

Good luck.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote