View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2021, 05:11 PM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Cool ! on the gloves be sure to get a pair of gloves that has the slider on the palm of the hand... they did a study on bike crash injuries and found most of the fractured wrist bones was because when you put your hands out to catch your self the palm stuck and bent back with the sliders that doesn't happen
you still catch your self when falling but the palm will slide instead of sticking
the harder the plastic the better on palm sliders... my gloves have the sliders but their not the hardest on the market by far ! more like just extra padding
.... I can attest to that ailment as your hands do indeed stick to the ground when you hit it at speed and with that speed it will try real hard to rip your arms off.... it's much better to slide than stick !
..... the problem is that sliding on pavement can hurt alot ! that is why we try real hard to avoid it I think ! LOL not to mention the bike repairs !
... the other day when I was out on the Ninja I found myself chickening out
on the speed part of it.... I think my old age has either made me wiser or just plane chicken I don't know which.... but I don't want to crash any more... spending time in the hospital is not something I enjoy and I will do almost anything to avoid that...even slow down on a motorcycle.... REALLY !
so I think my dragging days are over and the bumpers on the footpegs are safe with me ! LOL !
Bob......