View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2016, 09:03 AM   #8
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
I wish you to heal up soon and complete.

May I ask you if you didn't know about Matt's fork-solution,
Yeah, I learned about those from a guy on the other 300 forum. But I had already bought my cartridges though. I would have been all over that, sounds like a great solution. After a little use and a day of tweaking with the help of Velocity Calibrations, the K-tech's feel pretty good. Nowhere near the composure of my 675R, but I could hustle around corners without my sphincter clenching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonme View Post
So I see you're going to tangle with CapitalView on his R3. You're about the same weight and height so should be fun.
Oh yeah, we both have our builds shown over at WiRiders.com. That is a nice looking R3. I will only see him (meaning the back of his bike, lol) if I get in 500SS though.

Hey, any of you guys ever hear of anyone who modified their wheels for lower weight? I think it's still SS legal if its the OEM wheels. I take my wheels off in the winter so my race tires don't freeze and I noticed the rear wheel of my '13 675R weighs a shocking 2 lbs less. The 300 wheels are heavy mofos! So I was looking at them, and that middle ridge meant for clip-on wheels weights could be milled off. Probably prohibitively expensive, but I was a little disappointed how heavy the 300's wheels were.