View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2016, 06:56 AM   #24
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu2Street View Post
Well, I took off the helmet lock to get a key code. I don't use the helmet lock anyway, and it turned out the screw was also loose. There are two sets of numbers on the helmet lock, each a string of five characters. One starts with an "S" and ensure in "HH", so I don't think that's the code. The other starts with "Z". I'm not sure which one it is.
The answer to your question is in the links I posted. To recap, the Z5XXX is the key code. The key cut code is a six digit number used by the locksmith to set up the key cutting machine to cut the depths of the notches. Kawasaki sold key code books that locksmiths used to look up the cutting code based on the Z code. The codes changed each year and were model-specific. Not all locksmiths bought the code books so you will need to call around to find one that did.

I also provided enough info in the links I posted for you to cut your own key if you are handy with a Dremel and have a dial or digital caliper. It's not that difficult and the key would likely be more accurate than a duplicate of your old worn key.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.