View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #25
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Having called 911 in a wilderness area, pinpointing your location is extremely frustrating. The operator kept asking me for a cross street- there aren't any up where we were!!! We were lucky there was A road at all, and that it was mostly paved. This has the same problem- there aren't a lot of cross streets, and when you're riding, you may not be paying all that much attention to the last one you crossed. Maybe if you know the area well, you might know. Having the Park and Rec guy there who knew exactly where they were was helpful.

They tried to keep the guy from moving, and from taking off his helmet. That tracks with what I've been taught. I also noticed they tried to keep his neck/spine/head in a straight line even when he was rolling onto his side and sitting up. That's good.

I was surprised by how many of the helpers still had their helmets on. Nothing that matters, either way, but it kind of surprised me. If I'm dealing with people and calling on the phone and all, I want it gone.

This is my neighborhood and I've probably been through that stretch, so this was all sort of familiar; the hospital is one I've been to, I've ridden the Snake, and Las Virgenes, that kind of thing. I know sort of where they are.

I'm glad to see they did a lot of things right in trying to help this guy. Thank you for posting it; it's disturbing, but hopefully we will do the right things if we come on a crash scene.

CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.