View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2021, 01:54 AM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Holy crap! Ads update.

Had a pleasant surprise tonight. I saw a Paypal payment from the adlinks provider here come in. With the current traffic volume on the site, this is typically $10 - $15 / month. But today it was $500 something. After investigating the cause, it looks like it was 1 person, hitting 1 link, back in May. Someone saw an ad to the serial1 ebikes, clicked over to that site, and ended up buying a few bikes. They range from $3k - $6k each, and ended up spending $16K on the darned things. So if anyone has any ideas on how to find another unicorn that wants to buy ebikes after clicking an ad on Ninjette - lemme know!

In all seriousness, I am not a fan of the new google ad placement on this site, with the pull-down banner at the bottom of the page. A few years ago, Google enabled an option where a site owner can just choose "auto", and their algorithms place the ads on the site according to what they see performs best over time. IMO, they have been relatively unobtrusive, at least compared to how bad it could be on some sites. But a few weeks back, they flipped a switch to make these pull-down ads automatically show up as well, and it is not easy to disable. I've tried a few times to customize the settings to disable them, but can't find a way to do that without disabling all ads - which wouldn't allow me to keep hosting ninjette at that point. I'll give it another go when I have some free time, to see if I can tailor the ads so it shows all but that bottom one, if at all possible.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.