View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2021, 03:52 AM   #6
jjmaine
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja 250, '16 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Could be slipper-clutch, although its action doesn't come into play until you're engine-braking.

Do you have cable well-lubed? With both ends disconnected, drip oil into upper end while you floss cable full-stroke. Keep on dripping oil in until it drips out bottom end.

Common complaint on 400 is clutch feel is too light. There's replacement spring available for it that makes for more firm lever feel. Perhaps something like that can be done on 300.
Actually maybe it isnt the slipper part that makes it feel weird to me but it has some type of “assist” to make the lever easier to pull (I forget what they call it but I can check in the service manual). Different from the previous 250’s the way i understand it. Cable is all lubed and working correctly, Im just not a fan of the way it feels but thats just how it is haha. It really is not bad at all, all of the engagement is at the end of the lever so it doesn’t feel as progressive as most clutches? Not sure if that makes sense? Thanks for the suggestions though!

Thinking about it, it closer resembles my dirtbike clutch after I removed the judder spring and replaced it with a regular fiber disk so it would grab better and have a more direct clutch engagement….
jjmaine is offline   Reply With Quote