View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #94
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman69 View Post
usually its done to reduce drag on the crank when it passes through the oil in the sump, and lightens it abit.
No s***. You don't say.

Are you going to notice a benefit from this NO.

Will you from the lightening. Yes.

Why I don't go into it. Do you want to talk why I polsihed it. Maybe it because oil doesn't stick to a shinny surface like it does to a rough one. Makes it lighter again. When they balance a crank, they use a factor of the weight of the oil.

You can also determine what weight oil you have to used by measuring your bearing clearances and working out your oil clearance.

What exactly to you mean by lightening it a bit? Do you want me to do the math for you how much force a pound of weight puts on a rotating assembly at 14000k rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
Alright...I got confirmation from my machinist so I feel confident sharing my tips on the exhaust.

You HAVE to buy an exhaust that attaches to the head using a seperate flange. Area p is welded pipe and does not work. The leo vince does and is comparable to the area p race exhaust. Once you have that sorted out you need to completely remake the flange to fit. The lv is cnc machined to start and the piece going to head is too small to cut and weld without warpage. So my guy is making me two new ones out of 303 stainless and it will fit my head perfectly. For gaskets I am using the area p gaskets that I have and boring them a little to fit.
I would go the same way. Its too complicated trying to design your own system. At least for me anyway. I looked at my 2 bros last night and it uses a small piece of round metal as the flange. I can get this cut out and a new piece welded in that will blend in better.

Turns out I don't need to change my full exhaust.

Last futzed with by tubarney; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote