View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #15
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post

Is it possible what you're seeing is unburned fuel coming out of those holes?
Yes, positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
Go back and do it again... carefully. There are many open directions here and you should start with making sure the valves are they way they need to be. Be sure there isn't a broken spring. Make sure your timing is correct. Etc.
I will.... but I was VERY careful the first time, and then did it again for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
that's actually good news. If that's the oil source, that means oil is seeping into the spark plug towers somehow. could be something as simple as leaking gaskets around those towers in the valve cover gasket.

as far as your compression numbers, are you sure you have the valve timing correct for both cylinders? maybe the valves are never closing at the same time resulting in low compression numbers?
I think it is more likely oil from the towers that was in there from when I originally injected it, rather than being forced through..... I used a small oral syringe, so I did get some on the walls. I also used brand seals for the spark plugs when I did the valves.

I would be surprised if I got the timing wrong.... but theoretically it is always possible.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote