Thread: A ZZR500R?
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2019, 08:26 AM   #1
SpotTheDogg
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 BMW F800GS, 2010 BMW G450X, 1989 Hawk GT, 1974 CB360, 1990 VTR250

A ZZR500R?

Hi again guys, I haven't checked in in over a year but I have news! You may remember Paul's ZZR250-GP build from a couple years back, well I have inspired him to build a new Thunder and Sportsman Class play toy.

We bought another ZZR 250 for the frame and stuffed a fresh Ninja 500R race engine in it. It will be running a Ninja 600R aluminum swingarm, a FOX Twin Clicker shock, 2004 ZX-6R forks and a lot of the goodies we developed for the previous ZZR250GP build. Wheels will be SV650 rear and GS500 front. We found a nice old Muzzy race pipe for it as well!

We started it on Friday and got most of the big issues dealt with already, we had a welded aluminum double core rad that was too big and had outlets that were too small. We cut an inch off the bottom and re-welded it and then turned some new inlet/outlets pipes on the lathe and welded them in! Engine fits good, as does the swingarm but we will look at the current weight distribution before deciding where all the parts will go.

These are the all-new engine mounts welded in, we also scrapped the rubber mounts in the engine and made solid aluminum ones.

The Ninja600R swingarm and FOX shock, this was very nearly a bolt in swap!

Last futzed with by SpotTheDogg; January 3rd, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
SpotTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote