View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #42
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
@micoulisninja, I didn't say that there is no need to change the valve springs, please take a look at my writeup and you'll see the parts number for them. The only thing I did was to translate the given information from one of the most experienced tuning company for Ninja 250 race bikes. So I would beg you please for more information to contact them.

@garth285 already pointed out where the parts come from: the 2004 ZX6-R and others, so there you should look how high they are able to rev.
Or maybe look at the real old 250/400cc-bikes which did rev up to 20000 rpm, maybe there you can find some valves in the same size like the Ninja. But also it's important, like you said in another post I'd read from you, take good care that the springs are not to strong bc then they will not only limit the ability to rev but also hit your valves into the seat what's never a good solution.

Also to answer the question about the ignition advancer in the EFI-Model: my Ninja is EFI (please take a look at the attached PDF).
But there is one difference to keep in mind: the Thai-Version has 38 deg btdc @ 6000 rpm while the European model has 40 deg btdc @ 6000 rpm.

To give some information about the temperature, since I have the Koso RX2 instrument I'm able to read the value of my temperature. After installing the ign adv I carefully watched this and from what I saw, is that the value went down by around 8 degrees celsius. I think it's well known that a wrong ign timing will make an engine overheating but also that the right value will keep the temperature normal (low).

@marc99 - your puller doesn't work with the 250 Ninja.

I hope that I could satisfy all your questions, so I'll step back into my cave now and say vaya con dios.
I've seen the part numbers, I always read your writings with much attention and devour every little piece of information with great appetite!! And I am thankful to have around to give that different view of the coin...
However I have tried already contacting them about a year ago or so and scuderia platini was very reluctant on providing any specific information or guideline, that is why I tried searhing around myself... however I failed discovering anything tried or at least similar-looking...for example when I was looking at ZX-6R springs I saw they were double and figured outer would be wider than 250's while inner a lot smaller so I got dissapointed...
then I tried to find old I-4 400s but in Greece there are no engine parts remaining in salvage to check and compare and since they were not officially ever imported, dealers do not provide any kind of info...didn't manage to dig up anythng on the web concerning sth so specific so I was left with stock choice or out of my financial capabilties RDsprings choice... that is why I am asking for more specific info on springs from other kawa models such as the ZX-6... even if they are the intake or exhaust outer would be important to me because part numbers are given only for purchase around here... information in genera is hardly given to people unless a mechanic or an identified model owner and salvage parts owners are VERY reluctant on letting anyone taking out parts to compare unless promised a purchase as well....
Please stick right with us !! I believe there are more than just me who enjoy your writing and are thirsty for your knowledge...
besides...it is always nice to have different (not saying right or wrong, just different) opinions on matters so that we have the potential of choosing what to keep and what to go past...