View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2018, 09:52 AM   #17
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Koala's practice thread

well, second time out didn't go as planned.

I had meant to get more practice in first gear at the same speeds as last time (5 to 10mph) and maybe practice turning to go down the other side of the street instead of walking her.

I ended up by myself this time due to neighbors not feeling well, so I had to keep my eye out for cars as I was going. Only reason I call today a success is because 1. I didn't drop her 2. I was able to go up and down the street farther 3. I wasn't wobbly (I kept reminding myself to look up @adouglas) and I was able to go around the car on the side with no problem 4. I was steadier on the throttle as I went.

Downsides 1. I keep giving her too much throttle after getting her into the friction zone (made for a couple squirrely launches but I handled them and got her straight without stopping) 2. I'm going to have to wait for my tool kit to get here so I can adjust the shifter, my boot keeps getting in the way. 3. way too many cars, I swear some of them were going around the block or something.

I stopped after going up and down each side 3 times. I had 3 cars coming up behind me as I was standing next to her and they wouldn't go around. I had to wave them on so I could walk her to my side of the street. I had wanted to keep practicing my starts so I could get it smoother, but not with so many people going up and down the street. I was getting hot, she was getting heavier, and it just wasn't working on my street today.

so, didn't go as planned, I guess I just got lucky with so little traffic last time.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.