View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #22
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

As some of you know, I'm a big mutha. At 6'3" and 250lbs with a very oddball-lookin shaven albino gorilla-shaped body, and nothing fits me, ever! I may find things that are close.. but it'll have issues, or I look like a complete dork.

Helmet: I have a large almost perfectly round head. Usually the biggest that any company offers will fit snugly. When I was just a little boy if my father wanted to buy the kids hats, he would try one on, if it fit him it would fit me.

Gloves: I've got super wide palms. My hands are 4½" across the knuckles, and my fingers are kinda short by proportion. If I am lucky enough to find something that I can actually get on, the fingers of the gloves tend to be too long, UGH! I found a set of kevlar reinforced work gloves that resemble bike gloves at some oddball tool shop that work well for me.

Jackets: I still haven't found one that fits me right yet. While I can always find something that fits over my large shoulders, I usually something silly like the arms are too short or the jacket goes a little past halfway down my abdomen. Its like all bike gear that I can actually put on is designed for a short fat biker. The other problem I have is a massive adam's apple. Most jackets tend to dig into this. Not good! What I have now is a cruiser-style black jacket that I got as a teenager. It was MASSIVE back then, but its sized small. Small what? I think it was mislabeled, probably why it was the last one and on sale. Now it fits a little snug, the sleeves are long enough, but the jacket is a bit short on my abdomen. I pull my pants up a little higher so It doesn't look dorky.

Pants: This is one thing thats easy to find for me. My legs are quite short for someone of my stature. I like to wear my pants a little long and thats a relatively common size of 32x32.

Footwear: Forget it. Any riding boots that I've ever had interest in, nobody had in my size 15 to try on. I just wear heavy workboots. I almost never find anything in my size in regular shoe stores either.

To top it off, I'm a very physical person, I tend to wear things out quickly, so If i do find something I like, you can find me buying 2 or 3 of them. The inside of my closet is like Ernest P Worrel or Pee Wee Herman... everything is the same!
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote