View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2021, 02:20 PM   #1
Captain Velveeta
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Angry A Complete Mystery

So I replaced my '09 250 clutch cable with a cheap Japanese version that was too long...I "jerry rigged" it and it worked fine as far as that goes. Then when I got the money I ordered an OEM cable to install. I had a little difficulty pulling the Japanese one out since I had to wrap it through a couple of times but it came out eventually and I installed the OEM cable. It fits perfectly BUT!!...lol...there always seems to be a big 'but' in the way...after I got the new clutch installed and adjusted I turned the key and NO POWER....
I checked the 30A fuse, the 10A ignition fuse and the battery. Fuses were fine and battery was fully charged. The only thing I can think of is the clutch safety switch "pin" was missing (as if it fell out as the clutch was left hanging idle) or as I was pulling the "long" Japanese clutch cable out I pulled a wire loose or pulled a connector off.
I though I would check the League of Extraordinary Ninjettes before I started tearing things down...thanks a million in advance.
Captain Velveeta is offline   Reply With Quote