View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #3
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterLu View Post
.....I got my 2008 ninja with 9,100 miles on it. The previous owner said he didn't do anything to the bike as far as maintenance or mods.
Strike 1 of something potentially wrong.

Quote:
.....I poured Carburator cleaner into the tank. I'm assuming the guy never did a valve adjustment so I'm getting around to doing that this week.

How much cleaner and what kind?

Quote:
.....the bike starts up without any choke and idles at 1,300-1,500 rpms and once it's warmed up I give it full throttle and it struggles as if I'm flooding the motor. Is there any reason to why it's doing that, that is maintenance related?
Strike 2.

Quote:
.....when I went to drain the old oil, there was metal shavings in the oil, not a lot, but there was some metal shavings. I know in cars thats a really bad sign, but is this normal?
Strike 3.

And no it's not normal. You may what to inspect further into the metal shavings in your oil. Metal shavings usually means either you crank or something else is gone to shat.

Does the motor make any loud clacking sounds?

If so, check your oil screen, so you can rule out a crank bearing. For more info on this issue, see this thread. https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...ght=oil+screen
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote