View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #62
Nevrfastenuf
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ER-6n 2009 Ninja 250 sold :(

I just wanted to add my experience with this mod for anyone that is thinking about doing it. I mostly ride between 4600 and 10500 feet above sea level and while the bike felt decent for a 250 down near the bottom of that range it was definitely struggling at the top. I went on a ride with some co-workers a couple weeks after I bought the bike and our trip to Wyoming and back had us up to an altitude of 10000 feet at one point and my poor little Ninja would not accelerate past 50 mph.

When I returned from my ride I found this forum and this DIY and I decided to pull the snorkel to see if it would lean the bike out enough to help any. I did notice a small but positive difference in acceleration and throttle response down in the valley, but i noticed the biggest difference the first time I headed up the canyon. The bike no longer felt like it was going to die when I accelerated out of a corner at higher altitudes and I was able to accelerate past 50 mph without any problems.

I decided this was a good first mod because it is completely reversible. Other's may feel differently but I wouldn't worry about using any adhesive when re-installing the snorkel, it seems to fit pretty tight.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" -Unknown
Nevrfastenuf is offline   Reply With Quote