View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2023, 11:41 PM   #42
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
That's the problem!!! You got wrong ideas from YouTube!!!

Default stick-welding is done with DCEP - electrode positive. Connect stick-holder to red terminal on welder and connect ground-clamp to black terminal.

Default TIG welding configuration is DCEN - electrode -negative. The combo gas-electric TIG torche is connected to negative black terminal internally in welder. Then ground-clamp is connected to red terminal.

You didn't swap ground-clamp from black terminal to red terminal when you switched from stick to TIG welding did you? Aiming -neg torche electrode to -neg workpiece would result in ZERO current flowing because there's no voltage-differential.

No I kept the Ground in the same terminal.... but the machine just didn't work.... it worked great for stick welding, I welded aluminum stick welding on the bark busters on the Kids bike that I busted by falling over trying to start that tall thing..... ( t'was quite embarrassing!) but I did weld it up and fix it nicely.... it's stronger than the other one now !

Maybe my next welder will work the way it is supposed to !
Bob......