View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2021, 05:50 PM   #18
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by clakmurrick View Post
Good to know that CV carbs don't like it when you open the throttle fast haha, I don't have any baseline feeling for what a Ninja 250 feels like and how it responds. I'll take all the info I can get!

In the video, when I barely start opening the throttle slowly, I assume the main jet is kicking in almost instantly? As far as jet size goes, this is the smallest I have, unless I size down to the OEM one.

Also, on the idle mixture adjustment, what do you mean "
Turn each adjustment screw to get the highest RPMs"? Should I get the bike warm, and literally turn the screws until the RPMs raise, and find the highest point and leave it there? It's certainly different than my method.

Thanks!
If you have 108s, I would try them. In stock form, they are too rich - so it may be close. We ran them with pods and a leaky exhaust - and it ran strong on top.

For the idle mixture - yes - you are trying to find the highest RPM setting you can get by adjusting the idle mixture screws. I like to make it about 1/8-turn richer (out) from there. It will most likely be higher than it is now, so you just turn the idle speed screw to get it back to 1300 or so.

This diagram shows the different fuel circuits - https://jdjetting.com/wp-content/upl.../163996103.jpg - they overlap and blend together, so changing one affects a wider range than just one circuit.

Did the kit have different carb needles?
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote