View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I hit up RideSmart today at MSR Houston

I did not participate. I joined some people I know from another, local, board here in Houston. Four of us met up on our bikes and headed out to the track. I was on the smallest bike (250), one was on a CBR600RR (new), another on a CBR1000 (new) and another on a ZX10. Needless to say I was seriously underpowered. I get the gas mileage, but I need a bit more top end. Cruising at 80mph is fine, but bumping up to 90-95 is insane. We did it though, there were not many cars out there.

Anyway, we went out there and I found out they did a parade lap. So I decided that I would go and join the group for the parade lap(s). I managed 3 laps and believe it or not, my fellow boarder on the CBR600RR was making me slow down. I was not even going all out. I did brake later, worked on my downshifts while braking, and leaned it at about 1/2 of full lean. Nothing insane, because it was a parade lap, so we had to take it easy. Plus I was running the stock K630 tires, which the track really made feel like junk. Time to upgrade to some Perelli Sport Demons!

Needless to say, those 3 laps were a complete rush. Running around a track is like a crack addiction (not that I would know). I can see how people can get addicted so quickly!

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote