View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:35 AM   #28
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniblanco View Post
I was thinking of doing this mod but was not sure if I should stick with the stock dog bones or not as I would be 190lbs with gear on my bike and looking at 320lbs with a passenger. I can get a 07 gsxr 750 shock for around $50 so i am tempted to try this mod.
Pass on the $50 dollar shock, that is robbery. You can get one off ebay for $20-$30 I got an 08 or 09 750 shock for $23 and it was fairly mint.

I don't think you would hurt anything by using stock dog bones lots of people do it, but if that Burkhart guy is still making the riser ones I would just buy a set to get the bike back close to stock, but that is my preference. He sells them at a reasonable price like $20 if I remember right.

This is a pretty solid swap mode, just don't rush things, collect all the pieces and you should be able to knock it out quick. Don't substitute things from the original DIY IMO stick with what works particularly using the 31/64 bit to drill out the holes, and using 12mm bolts. You might have to hunt for a while until you find these pieces but it's the way to go.

If you have a drill press drilling out the top shock hole is non issue and I would rather do it than not do it.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote