Old October 26th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #12
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Couple things I would try -

When it quits, open the float bowls and see if you get the same amount of gas out of each.

As it's starting to run poorly, add choke to see if it has any affect.

Check the vacuum line to the petcock. Manually apply vacuum to the petcock with a vacuum pump.

Check the battery voltage - before cranking, during cranking, and running at idle and 3000 RPMs.
I'll give all of these a shot tomorow, thanks for the suggestions. Brilliant idea though, enrichening the mixture by use of the choke would be far simpler than changing out the jets. Completely overlooked this idea, thank you for saving me the potential work.

What makes you think it could be the petcock vacuum line though? I'll give it a shot but I'm just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
How did the the float needles look? Mine showed signs of wear with your mileage replacing it may be a start. Have you checked your vacuum lines? If you used rubber caps for syncing the valves, the rot a whole lot faster than you would think giving way to leaks.
The needles looked just fine to me, I certainly didn't make note of anything out of the ordinary. What exactly did the wear on your needles look like? I never even knew wearing out needles was a thing at all, never heard of wearing out needles before.

Also can you clarify about the use of rubber caps for the valve syncing? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to a valve clearance adjustment or a carburetor sync? Either way I don't ever recall using or even seeing any rubber caps.