View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2019, 07:19 AM   #6
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Welcome to the board Tyler!

You're correct that the petcock should automatically turn off when you stop the engine, but it does not regulate fuel flow when the engine is running, so it can't cause too much fuel to flow.

Since your stalling is after warmup, I would suspect that the starter plungers are not returning to their seats, so they're supplying fuel after you return the starter lever to the warm-run position.

If you had very dirty carbs, they may still have clogs in some of the tiny internal passages. It's tricky to really get everything clean.

Also I don't know what carb kit you installed, but in my experience if jets really need replacement, they need to be replaced with authentic original type jets to be accurate. Ducatiman can comment on this as it applies to our 250s, but with the Kaw triples I'm familiar with, there is no "carb kit" that supplies the correct jets, so all kits are sources of carb trouble.

I don't mean to discourage you from doing your own carb work, and I don't mean to try to sell you anything, but Ducatiman here is a professional carb guy with lots of Ninja 250 experience. Here's a thread in the product review section about his work. I added a couple posts at the end of it yesterday.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239678
Triple Jim is online now   Reply With Quote