View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2019, 11:48 PM   #9
Bando909
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD, 2008 KLR 650, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST

So Edit**

So I took the carbs back off the bike and cleaned out every single passage I could find. I hooked up an external fuel tank since I disassembled the petcock so I ruled that out as a problem. Was doing the same thing would hover at 3,000 when the bike was warm I managed to get the temperature to the middle of the temperature gauge. So I took some carburetor cleaner and shot it around, I also capped the fuel vacuum port with a cap from my emmisions delete kit off my 454 ltd so I know that cap is fine. I believe the culprit is the left intake boot on the carburetor side. Seems I shoot carb cleaner around that boot and then the idle will jump in about 500 RPM. Also if the bike is about to die and I shoot carburetor cleaner at the boot the bike will catch itself for a second before stalling. I have completely bottomed out the clamps as tight as they will go. I have those boots arriving tomorrow. So hopefully that will solve it. Fingers crossed, if not it's for sure a vacuum leak somewhere.
Bando909 is offline   Reply With Quote