View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2019, 08:18 PM   #11
Bando909
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD, 2008 KLR 650, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST

Alright so new boots and clamps installed. Bike is running much better. It actually holds an idle around 1,500 rpm. However I still see some fluctuation now it's between 1-2,000. Then synced the carburetors while hot to about equal if not very close to psi wise. When I pulled the left plug it was soot covered and the right just a tad better. I set the screws in a quarter turn to 2.5 turns out instead of the 2.75 I had before. I may need to check the psi on the carburetors again because since I changed the air/fuel screw it may affect the carburetors differently? So we'll see its definitely better. Revs up no problem at any throttle input at 2.5 turns. If their is a vacuum leak still which could be a possibility due to the idle still fluctuating between 1 and 2,000 what would be next? I did order some 3/16 Vacuum hose, so maybe swapping the 5 vacuum hoses on the carburetors? Also would have splitting the air box cause this issue? I have seen oil leak out of it at the front of the box where the split is and drip onto the rubber tube coming out of the crankcase under the carburetors. I know its venting from High rpms but it should be collecting in the tube that runs back out of the air box on the right side of the bike just behind the clutch cable. And it is and I've emptied it before. But I'm most certain when you let off the throttle it should snap to a idle you set at when its warm not still move upwards or downwards. I did cap the vacuum port for the petcock so I know its not getting air there as well as the other vacuum port on the other side. My friends 454 also has some fluctuation in idle when warm as well but now its about on par where the 250 is at. Seems any rubber component can be the culprit in this case.

Also It will start when hot so that's awesome

Anyway thoughts please?

Thanks again for the support
Bando909 is offline   Reply With Quote