Old February 11th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #13
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev_Rad View Post
Awesome Thanks guys for the responses.

Do you guys know if the ninja 300 throttle bodies are exactly the same as the 250Ks One? (There are plenty of 300 here in AU)

I was looking at getting an after market fuel pump from a different bike that can be wired in. (Any suggestions?)

Does anyone know the part number for the flywheel that I need to get? (Or picture so that I do not get it wrong lol)

How hard would be to chip the stock ecu to get it dynoed? Or should I just get an aftermarket one? (I have heard of Microsquirt, but haven't looked into it yet)

Thanks mates for awesome suggestions, I am getting really hyped at the moment.
Now you're starting to see that swapping to FI isn't easy, lots of details to nail down.

Nine years ago I did the swapout to FI on my 2005 EX250. I kept things as simple as possible which meant doing a "fuel only" conversion. I left the OEM ignition control (CDI box) on the bike for the spark.

The bike has been running great for almost a decade now. This spring my daughter wants to learn to ride so I'm using that as an excuse to upgrade the bike to a better standard of build.

I originally used a Microsquirt V2 ECU, but now a better version is available, the V3, so I purchased one. I'm also going to install an EX300 alternator rotor so I can implement full ignition control.

Because the EX250 fuel tank has an old-school shape (internally) I couldn't use an in-tank fuel pump, so after some research I chose the external pump that Honda uses on their TRX Rancher 4-wheeler ATV. It's great because it's cheap to by and it solves a lot of FI system needs: it is a self-contained unit that includes a fuel pump, a sock-type fuel filter and a 3-bar fuel pressure regulator. And the aluminum housing of the pump acts as a secondary reservior which makes it an effective "swirl pot", preventing air bubbles from causing fuel flow issues.

Crows!
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote