View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #17
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Honestly, the hardest thing about getting back on after a scary ride or crash is getting past the nerves and anticipation. Use this bad experience as a chance to learn. You say you're tight on the bars - LOOSEN UP!!! I'm a little familiar with this recently, as it caused my lowside.

Take a deep breath and relax the shoulders. Do a little chicken dance and relax the elbows. Loosen the hands on the bars. Most importantly, remember that you're always going to imagine it worse than it is. Like I said, the hardest part is getting past the nerves. Remember that the bike only does what you tell it. You're in charge. If you can calm your mind and ride with confidence, the bike will do what you want.

Noobman nailed it - it takes some mileage to regain the confidence again. That first time back out after lowsiding, I was really really slow in the corner I crashed on. I was slow on it all day. But I gradually got faster. I had to gain some confidence in my front end again. As long as I was light on the bars, it stuck like glue. Keep yourself calm, think through what you're doing, and don't let yourself get jumpy.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote