View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Twisthem488
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninjette

Easiest way to remove the top clip from from the forks?

I need to change out the fork seals on my newgen, and hopefully stop the leaking that's occurring. Since I've never done it before I felt much more comfortable trying it with a spare set of forks, so I bought some old 2004 forks on the cheap to perform a trial run. So my forks came in and I prepared to take them apart. Everyone says breaking free the bolt that holds in the damper rod is the hardest part, but both of mine loosened up without to much fuss. My question is, how the frick do you take out the clip in the very top?

This might have an easy answer, since it would normally be done while the forks are still in the triple tree, and that way the are clamped down. Unfortunately since mine are a spare set they aren't clamped into anything.
Using the image below as a reference, I know that you have to press 44029 down and then try to pick out 92033A. The problem I'm having is that whenever I press on 44029, the spring itself just compresses and the cap never clears the clip that I need to remove.

IF the forks are not in the tripe tree, is there an easy way to do this part? Apart from this, everything about taking apart the forks that has intimidated me for the past couple years was really easy. Now my main concern is that removing the forks from the bike will be as painless.

Side note, I can't attest to the quality of these forks, and since its a learning experience I don't intend to put new seals/bushings/oil in them, but if anyone ever finds themselves nearby and wants them when I'm done, they are all yours. The buyer on ebay said they are straight and did not leak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ka-0106-00455.jpg (43.6 KB, 13 views)
Twisthem488 is offline   Reply With Quote