View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #10
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R Fuel Injected Model 2009

The 250k9 model (with fuel injection) already exists in Europe and has done since 2008. If you want one, import one. Like has already been said its not cheap. I think when you look at the cost of a fuel injected ninja 250 you will find you could get something else with FI way cheaper.

FI is necessary in Europe for emissions, as is a 3rd Cat (more cost) in the exhaust system, so the power gain from FI is lost to emissions control.

US market wants a cheap starter bike so carbs make sense, also US emission regs are way softer that European ones, so they can get away with carbs.

Euro market wants a bike that meets license restrictions (25kw/33bhp for 2 years) can't be sold unless it passes emission. I don't think any Carb'd vehicle has passed in the last 10 years.

Is it really that much hassle to use a choke lever? Oh if you do import a euro model we don't have those silly yellow side reflectors so you'll have to sort them yourself.

If I had the option of a €1000 cheaper 250 with carb's I'd take it, but I have to live with expensive Fuel Injection