View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2020, 10:48 AM   #19
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

2013 N300 stator replace.

Hello, it's my turn to replace the stator on my N300. Looking for advice and opinions.

My bike is a 2013 N300 at 15k miles.

I went riding, ten minutes later, the red battery light came on, and ten minutes later the bike died riding at highway speed.
Back home, I checked the battery and wasn't good, so I replaced it. It was three years old.
Now, with a good battery, I checked the stator. Continuity seems to be good, but AC voltage output reads very low. Between 5V and 10V at 4k RPM.
Also, voltage at the battery reads low as well. It doesn't reach 13v at 4000+ RPM's.

The R/R doesn't measure well either, but, from what I've read, that may be because my multimeter is a cheap one.
Both the service manual and what I've found on line recommend to use only a good multimeter to check the R/R.

So now I'm looking for stators and found that a US company called ElectroSports make the stator for the N300.
Has anyone had experience with this? They go for 159 + tax and shpping.
here is the link:
https://www.electrosport.com/product...ki-ninja-ex300

OEM brand new goes for $400+ and take off's from eBay go for around $140.

Also, the Kawi liquid gasket that goes around the rubber grommet where the wires come out of the stator cover seems to be very expensive too.
Is there a good aftermarket product to use instead of the sotck one?

Any advice?
Thanks
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote