View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2021, 10:36 PM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
With the stack of plates? Well it started doing this after the clutch was stuck and it lostened up and let me shift and then when I shift into 1 it just revs when I let of the clutch revs doesn't die doesn't move forward or anything
ah, this sounds like spring/pressure-plate isn't moving inwards and squeezing stack together.

1. did you put 2x clutch plates with wider blocks as 1st and last plates installed?

2. did you line up dimples on spring/pressure plate with basket? Even though there's multiple splines, the spring plate can only be installed in 2 possible orientations.

From the manual:

Quote:
"Fit the spring plate back into place, aligning the mark on the plate with the mark on the clutch hub."

Caution: Misalignment of the spring plate can cause clutch drag (when it is disengaged), or clutch slipping.
Earlier, your problem with clutch dragging and not fully releasing. Now it's not engaging at all.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote