Old September 8th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #1
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Electrosport Stator

So, I am out of power...

A few times I've had folks refer me to ElectroSport to either buy a new stator or have mine rewound. I'm more curious about a new one, especially given the information from the other wiki http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Alternator_Information

However, looking at the product page, they list up to 2010 and have no stators for 2011+. Curious, I emailed the company.

The response was that Kawi has changed the part number so they are unsure if there has been a minor or major change between '10 and '11, since they haven't had a sample to test.

They did tell me that the ESG111 has the proper length and connector to go right into the 2010 bikes. Its the same as the ESG110 just with the right connections for the Ninja. The suggestion was buy it, see if it fits, and if it doesn't, return for a refund.

Depending on what it involves, I'm tempted to buy the new one, run around a bit to see if it all works, then offer up my OEM stator for them to test to get the data needed to do whatever magic they do.

I am seriously just looking for another 50-60w so I can install some aux lighting on the bike but with my jacket and high beam on, I'm out.

Does anyone have info I need to know before I go mucking about with this, or any comments?
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote