View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #1
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Thumbs up This should get those cagers attention.

So a while back I got tired of having a horn that was basically useless. The stock 300 horn just isn't loud enough to really get the attention of anyone it seems, especially in traffic. Well one day when I was shopping at Harbor Freight I found a solution to my problem.

It was a little bit of a tight fit, but I was able to fit it behind the left side fairing. Installation took longer than expected, but it was definitely worth it. Here's some pics of the install.

The first thing I did was to remove the stock horn. I then found another place to mount the bracket that would allow for installation of the new horn.

Inside the green circle is the stock horn bracket. I had to bend it a little to give me the correct placement. I ended up removing that rubber piece also to give me a more secure mount.

Here's how the new horn looks when mounted.

The horn also comes with a relay that you need to hook up to make it work. I couldn't find anywhere good to mount it, so I just zip-tied it to the frame. This placement also allowed me to use the stock horn wires with no modification.

After that I just had to wire everything up, but before I did that I had to make a trip to the auto parts store for an in-line fuse to hook to the horn's power feed. While I was there I also picked up some green marker lights. That's one of the green ones on the right. It's kinda hard to see in the light, but it looks pretty sweet I think.

After that I tested the horn, and I gotta say it's loud. You could annoy people real quick with this thing, but it should hopefully get the attention of the next person who tries to pull out in front of me or does something else stupid.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote